ARIMIDEX 1 MG
Arimidex is based on anastrozole, a substance which belongs to a group of cancer-fighting medications known as antineoplastics, and specifically to the group of antineoplastics known as nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitors. Anastrozole is popular with athletes and bodybuilders as it actively reduces the production of estrogen hormone in the human body.
• Reduces estrogen production in the body after a steroidal cycle.
• Treatment of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women.
• Balances testosterone levels in infertile men and assist to maintain a healthy sperm count.
• Hot flashes and night sweat
• Feeling sick – (nausea/vomiting)
• Skin rash around face, lips, or tongue – (Hypersensitivity-Allergy)
• Pain or stiffness in your joints.
• Inflammation of the joints (arthritis).
• Feeling weak and/or sleepy
• Bone loss (osteoporosis).
• Loss of appetite.
• Raised or high levels of fatty substance known as cholesterol in your blood. This would be seen in a blood test.
• Carpal tunnel syndrome (tingling, pain, coldness, weakness in parts of the hand).
• Changes in blood tests that show how well your liver is working.
• Thinning of your hair (hair loss).
• Bone pain.
• Muscle pain.
Recommended: 1 tablet/day. (Around the same time)
Avoid to use Arimidex if you are using any of the following medicines:
• Certain medicines used to treat breast cancer (selective estrogen receptor modulators), e.g. medicines that contain tamoxifen (These may prevent Arimidex from working properly)
• Medicines that contain estrogen, e.g. hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
• Arimidex contains lactose which is a type of sugar